Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Rain is a Good Thing :)

Happy Rainy Wednesday!
I have been struggling for the past two weeks with this silly paper, which right now I'm about to throw my computer across the room...so figured I should blog instead :)

I woke up around 6:45, which felt super late to me! Waking up time is a strange thing: I used to wake up at 6 every morning in high school and decided my first semester in college that 8am classes would be like sleeping in (little did I know) and the remainder of college wake up time was 9am or 10am.  But it seems that I have retracted to my good ol' high school years where 6am seems to be the usual and sleeping until 6:45 is like sleeping in! I should disclose that I always go to bed early (around 10:30) and am much more of a morning person than night owl; so it really shouldn't have been a surprise to me that I'm now an early riser once again!!

I talked to my Dad in Atlanta a little about my eating habits and what I can to change it up a little bit.  I think I know what healthy foods are versus unhealthy foods; and I consider myself a healthy eater for the most part.  But my big issue is portion control and my constant love of grazing and eating. Basically I eat well, I just eat a lot...which can be counterproductive.  He told me a little hint that I have started to apply and we will see if it works for me...breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince (or queen-he said I could eat a little more because I'm active) and dinner like a peasant (or piper...but I dont know what that is so Im going with peasant).  This morning I followed my Dad's advice and instead of just having 2 eggs or a bowl of oatmeal; I ate like a king or more so prince but still I ate more than I usually do.  I had 2 eggs with ketchup on the side and then had a peanut butter and jelly english muffin!! It was basically like having two normal breakfasts, but since I'm eating like a King now I thought it was appropriate.
Part 1 of Breakfast...
Part 2 of breakfast!
As for lunch today, Im trying to eat like a queen because I'm going to get in an interval workout on the treadmill after class today (I'll post the workout later...it's a total butt kicker!) I had a big chicken salad with the Harry and David sauces from Friday's dinner (artichoke and tomatoes plus a ton of flavva) with mushrooms and a hardboil egg for an added protein punch (and a side of coffee...drinking too many cups these days)!! 
lunch for a queen

Now back to school, back to school to prove to dad I'm not a fool....

1 comment:

  1. You are a special woman for being able to drink coffee with your salad. EWWW!!! I need to practice this "Breakfast like a King" thing ...because I just eat bigger meals as the day goes on. Your dad would not be proud!

    ReplyDelete