Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Beginning of the End...

I am happy to report that after a long and grueling 10.5 hour drive (supposed to take 8.5 hours) I made it safely back to Charleston! I was savoring every last minute of spring break, so needless to say it was a super jammed-packed weekend of running, cleaning, beach time, reading and really getting back into the swing of things.  

This Sunday is the Atlanta half-marathon...it is crazy how quickly time is passing by.  I have been pretty slack on my running based on all my traveling and catching up with school work, plus adding body pump and new workout routines into the mix; I have neglected my running a little bit more than I would like to admit.  But realizing this I kicked it into high gear this weekend and knocked out an 11.5 mile run on Saturday and then a speedy (for me) 7:30 pace for around 4 miles on Sunday with a rest day yesterday.  The long run felt amazing and really gave me the confidence I need to have going into the race on Sunday :)

As for my diet, I realized that I haven't been paying attention to what I have been eating recently and kind of let myself go (not crazily or anything but enough for me to notice and want to make a change).  So I thought that it was the perfect time to give up for lent, some of the unhealthy habits that I have acquired over the past few months! At first I juggled with the idea of giving up alcohol cold-turkey, but then decided against it.

So after much deliberation I decided to give up two things (I am indecisive so I couldn't decide on which one so I picked two)! First, I realized that I have started to eat a ton of food right before bedtime, for whatever reason I love having a full belly before I go to sleep! So I decided to give up eating after dinner (its going to be really really tough for me). And I also gave up sweets, because its one of the first times I can remember that my birthday didn't fall during lent (can't give up birthday cake)! By putting it out there hopefully I will stay on top of my promise and overcome the cravings :) we shall see...

My usual late night cravings include but not limited to...

Apples with lots of Peanut Butter....
and my favorite oatmeal :)

As for today, I have a packed day with school and reading with my last 6 mile run before the race squeezed into the mix and hopefully a trip to Costco :) (no more hummus=much needed trip to costco!) 

One garbanzo bean left...




1 comment:

  1. I just stumbled upon your blog... I am new to blogging... and I'm training for a half marathon! Good luck! xoxo

    www.bornwithoutatooth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete