Thursday, March 24, 2011

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood (as Mr. Rogers would say)

Happy Thursday!! 
After my little freak out yesterday, I told myself that no matter what today was going to be an amazing day!! I just have to give myself a little pep talk every once and a while.  Thanks again for baring with me after that last post.

I started today off with a super early wake up at 5:30.  Surprisingly (to me), Christina was up and getting ready to go to work so I had a little company in the wee-morning hours.  I got my cup of coffee with bowl of oatmeal (put fresh black berries into the usual mix of craisins and granola with cinnamon) and it was back to work for a little bit.  I decided to go on an early morning run, because Laura is coming today :), and I wanted to make sure that I got a little run in before she came.  I only got 3.5 miles in and went really slow, because my legs still aren't normal since the race on Sunday (the hills really killed my calves but they are getting better everyday) so I am taking it a little easier then normal.  Best part of the run was my refound love of running in the morning! Everyone seems to be so happy and alert ready to greet the day.  Plus most everyone says "goodmorning" to each other, which I absolutely love.  I am going to need to wake up for morning runs more often, especially with the summer heat right around the corner! 



As for my little break in my Thursday which I usually will go for my run, I had time to make an amazing lunch and snack a little bit while doing some work and blogging of course (and blog stalking)!

Snack number 1: popchips...they are all gone now :( 

Snack two: apple with two types of peanut butter :)

Literally my two favorite snacks in the world...can't have a bad day with all this yummy snacking going on!! Thanks again to my big sis for these wonderful peanut butters (cant believe I still have some left)...seriously if you havent had peanut butter co's peanut butter or popchips- go out and get some now because you are totally missing out on some phenomenal guilty pleasures made (a little) healthier!

Now time to dig into the main event, a huge salad with mushrooms, avocado, egg and chili pepper chicken (marinated it this morning)!

Yummm...

Hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful day outside!! Lets hope the warm weather is here to stay :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment