Thursday, January 20, 2011

Loooong Week!

I have been feeling on the cusp of sickness and have been trying my hardest to prevent it!  After my long run on Monday, I really haven't gone on a run or worked out.  I was doing everything possible to motivate myself to get out and run, but nothing really worked (my body was telling me no)! I talked to my dad this morning who gave me great advice and told me to not worry about it.  I have just been getting back into the swing of things with school and running, which is putting a lot of pressure on me to do my best.   Sometimes too much pressure can lead to overexertion which can make you explode!! So I guess its good that I listened to my body and took it a little easy this week...no exploding for me thank you :)

Set out all my clothes for my run...which didnt happen :(

Today, I decided to get out of my rut (after getting 10+ hours of sleep yesterday) and get my running shoes back on! I woke up before my alarm clock, which never happens, and knew it was going to be a great day.  I made an amazing breakfast with these awesome bagels, alternative bagels, that only have 110 calories in them and 8g of fiber (basically a gift from God to me).  I highly recommend them to any bagel lover out there, plus they have a bunch of different flavors!  A great breakfast=great start of a day!

Egg sandwich with sausage 

As I was walking home from my first class, I walked passed filming for the Lifetime show Army Wives! I've seen the show a handful of times and its pretty good, but definitely awesome that they were filming right in front of my school!
It is a perfect day out (60-65 degrees) so I was even more determined to get my motivation back.  I decided to go for a 5 mile run, in shorts and a tshirt :) (love this weather)!  I wanted to do 6, but I had to go over an exam (thank goodness for curves in law school) so I cut it short a mile so I could get back to class on time while managing to make lunch! 

"Southwestern" salad 

I made a big salad with salsa, corn and my favorite beans. I love beans and basically anything that has beans on it I will love (strange but true)! You name it: black, pinto, garbanzo, refried, etc. I love it! My sister and I both have a similar love for beans and mexican food, so I will blame my parents for that one!  But if you have ever gone to a mexican restaurant with me I always have an order of beans on the side.  Needless to say, I loved my lunch!

Back to school for a quick seminar and then hopefully a relaxing night!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment