Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Live A Little!

Hey Friends!

Long time, no post! It was a crazy week, last week.  I finished my Maymester class, which I can honestly say I will never take a Maymester class ever again (it is wayyyy too much crammed into wayyy too short a period of time which equals wayyy too much stress)!! I took my final on Saturday morning and then started Summer classes yesterday! I did savor every moment of my little break though :)

During my long TWO day break I went out on a boat with a few of my now new friends (thanks to Anna)!  On Sunday, we went to Capers Island off the coast of IOP and on Monday went to Morris Island (my favorite) off Charleston Harbor.  It was such a nice way to relax for my two day break of class and Memorial day weekend!  Plus I always love getting to meet and hang out with new people (change it up a bit)!

I am also really happy to report that my running is well off and running (no pun intended)! I have been taking it easier and running intervals since I am still hesitant on jumping into long runs.  But yesterday, I decided to go on a 6 mile run and for the first time felt no pain or numbness :)!! Also, my legs felt better than they have in a long time.  I think the combination of starting to do leg weights and interval workouts has made my legs stronger and my speed faster.  I am definitely going to keep up the intervals and weights, instead of just doing long runs all the time (I guess the books are actually right when they say switch up your routine)!

As for my diet...well you see it's a lot more challenging than I originally thought it would be, but I am trying my hardest to stay on track.  With that being said my diet is definitely more of a mild take away of carbs, but I am keeping up with it when I can!  Not surprisingly, I realized that I am not a person that can be strict on a diet.  I enjoy eating well but I'm not about to beat myself up because I slip and have an extra glass of wine or some rice with dinner (especially not going to beat myself up with eating fruit or vegetables that may have some added carbs-I love carrots and bananas I can't help it--I forgive myself)!

While I've been out:
Homemade Greek Salad=the most amazing salad Ive ever made :)
Salad with veggies and chicken (gotta have my carrots)
Breakfast=eggs and sausage with salsa
Wine and Pineapple=cheating a little :)

Hope everyone is having a happy hump day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment