Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Say Cheese :)

I am happy to report that the cheese that I bought actually is lactose free...and doesn't upset my stomach!!! I have still been fairly cautious with consuming too much just in case it is a freak chance that my stomach hasnt gone array, but that being said I have enjoyed a few quesadillas and cheese on my pasta! Seriously, it is one of the best finds ever because my love of cheese and everything cheese-y has come back to life (after a two year hiatus, I can finally enjoy nachos, cheese and crackers, grilled cheese, mac and cheese, toasted cheese bagels, you get the picture: CHEESE).  Basically, it has made these past days filled with that comfort taste of sharp cheddar cheese (and wow I'm weird)! If you were curious: its cabot cheese, right in the dairy section, I really don't know how it is lactose free but I'm not contesting it!

Bean and cheese quesadilla
Pasta with chicken, green beans, tomato sauce and yes, cheese!

As for yesterday after blogging, I got pumped up to go for a run...the only problem was the 100+ degree heat and the wind!! The wind prevented me from running my longer bridge route (didnt want to blow away); but the mixture of wind with the heat made it not that miserable of a run and I actually enjoyed it!  Charleston is one of the most beautiful, if not the most beautiful, cities that I have been in and I am so blessed that I get to run around it whenever I can! If you haven't tried it- go for it, running around the peninsula you get great people watching plus the breeze from the water (really it can't be beat-plus its flat)!

After my run, I made my dad proud and actually had a protein shake.  I have always had a problem with getting enough protein, I don't know what it is but I always overlook it!! But this little baby has 20 grams and tastes like thicker chocolate milk...delicious and extremely simple way to add a little fill me up protein!! 

Muscle Milk :)


Off to my last class, before I have a little break from school for a couple days :)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you found the cheese and liked it! The good news... prepare yourself... all cheddar cheese is lactose free. We're just really good at making sure you know it!

    Basically lactose – the major sugar in milk – disappears within 3 to 4 weeks after the cheese is made. It's a part of the aging process. So feel free to enjoy.

    ~Regan Jones RD
    Cabot Creamery

    ReplyDelete