Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentines Day :)

Sorry I have been so bad with updating my blog.  This past week was very busy and to be honest I wasn't much in the mood to blog.  I will do better, I apologize for the lull in time :(!! This weekend was a total refresher and definite uplift! I went to Greenville and Clemson to visit with my best friends and to take a break from Charleston for a little while.  I haven't been away from Charleston since I came back from Christmas break (other than day trip to Beaufort) so it was a much appreciated trip :)

Thursday night I stayed in with Ali and we rented The Kids Are Alright.  The movie won a bunch of awards, so I thought I'd give it a try.  However, I am not totally sold on the arty style of some movies and this had its moments.  It was a much different movie about a lesbian couple and their sperm donor; I was not a huge fan of the ending or to be honest the whole movie.  But if you like different, eclectic movies then give this a try! I enjoyed a wonderful salad with ripe avocado (used to whole one) and the left over chicken and dumplings.  The best part of the night was the surprise that Annie gave me earlier this week...two amazing, delicious cupcakes! It was the perfect ending and made this girl fall fast asleep with a belly full of sweet goodness!

Perfect relaxing dinner :)

Oops got into one before I took the picture!

Friday morning, I got a call from my hair salon and they informed me that my hairdresser was sick.  I was looking forward to my appointment for weeks now (she was totally booked) and excited to get a much needed haircut and color.  I decided to take their advice and go see a different hairdresser at the same salon who had just had an early morning cancellation (perfect timing).  After discussing what I should have done, we both decided that a short bob like cut with blonder highlights would be perfect.  I was a little unsure, but in the mood to have something new so went along with it.  I love that I have a new hairstyle, not sure if I like it just yet but I love having it shorter and more manageable! 

After my appointment, I headed on the road for Greenville to meet up with Sara and Emily for the night. A bunch of my other friends from college; Laura, Charlotte, and Lauren met up with us for dinner that night.  We went to this awesome mexican restaurant in downtown Greenville...where I ordered a jerk chicken sandwich with sweet potato fries (I never do that at a Mexican restaurant but for once wasn't in the Mexican mood)! I was definitely satisfied with my meal and had a blast with the girls downtown.  
Dinner in Greenville

Saturday afternoon, Sara and I decided to take advantage of the Spring-like weather and take a long walk and shopping trip downtown.  We walked all over the city, which is so pretty and really clean.  I would love to live there someday, but I'll take visiting for right now.  We went to the Ale House for lunch where we met up with Sara's sister and a bunch of friends before heading on our way to Clemson for the night (with a stop at a boutique to buy my Valentine's day gift for myself, a cute purple dress I wore that night)!

On the swinging bridge being tourists
Enjoying our gorgeous afternoon!

Clemson was a blast, as usual.  We went to one of our favorite Clemson restaurants, El Jimador (means an avocado farmer in Spanish) with a huge group of friends.  I love being back in Clemson, it always make me miss the golden days of being in college.  We all had a blast and every time I am with my best friends I am reminded how truly blessed I am to have such wonderful friends.  We never have a bad time when we are all together, which this weekend definitely highlighted :)

I get by with a little help from my friends :)

Dance Party with ourselves!

Laura playing the piano 

Where in the world is Waldo Sara?

Sunday morning, I woke up and decided to head on the road instead of going to breakfast and coffee with Charlotte and Sara.  In hindsight, it was a great decision to not go (everything happens for a reason).  I was really hesitant because I really wanted to spend more time with them, but decided I really needed to get back to do school work.  As I was almost on 85 headed back to Charleston, I got a flat tire!  Which I would like to add I have never had a flat tire, so I pretty much freaked out.  I called AAA (which was the 2nd time in 2 months...my battery died last month) and waited for them to arrive.  A really nice guy stopped and tried to help me while I waited for AAA.  Sara even came and brought me coffee and waited with me until the AAA guy had finished and I was safe to go (told you I have the best friends)! 

I made it back safe with thanks to my spare tire, just in time to prepare for my first oral argument...ek!! I'll leave you with an awful picture of me with the snicker-doodles that I made for my wonderful hostesses :)



1 comment:

  1. Your hair looks so cute! Glad you had a fun weekend! Oh, and now that I know El Jimador stands for "avocado farmer" ...I like it that much more! Olé!

    ReplyDelete