Thursday, February 24, 2011

Back to the gym

When I started this blog I wanted to talk about my marathon training and cooking with a side of my social life.  However, I realized that I have started talking a lot about my daily life and really haven't blogged at all about my workout and cooking schedule.  Well enough is enough, so getting back to why I originally started blogging :)

I have to admit that I have been slacking hardcore when it comes to my diet and workout routine.  I made a promise to myself this week that I was going to get back into the swing of things and get back into working out and regularly running...bathing suit season is right around the corner ah! Yesterday, I went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks! I was not feeling motivated to go to the gym when it was so gorgeous last week...but to really admit I just seemed to have an excuse every time I was planning to go the past few weeks!  It felt so good to be back and painful now...

I took a bodypump class last night.  I went to the gym early and did 15 minutes on the elliptical then it was time to line up (at my gym ladies start lining up 30 minutes early for classes...I refuse to line up with more than 10 minutes until the class starts because I feel so unproductive watching everyone workout while Im standing in line).  In class, I was next to a 60 year old lady who literally had 3 times the amount of weight than I did! I was a little intimidated, but hey thats awesome for her hopefully when I'm 60 I can actually use that much weight (probably not but a girl can dream)! I'm super excited to get back into doing bodypump, I'm planning on going 2 to 3 days a week :)

I stopped by Walmart on my way home to pick up headphones, because my old pair blew out and listening to music in one ear was getting pretty annoying :) Of course I had to dig into the 5 dollar DVD bin.  In college, my friends and I would always dig through the DVD bin and get the most ridiculous movies.  It is definitely a guilty pleasure.  I wasn't planning on purchasing one, but then one caught my eye and I just had to get it!

Ghost of Girlfriends Past!

I enjoyed my chick flick with a wonderful protein filled salad and a ton of blackberries! Love the large quantity of berries...plus you have to eat them quickly so they don't go bad :)

Blackberries :)

Southwestern Salad

Off for a quick 6 mile run before class! Happy Thursday everyone, only one more day until the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment