Friday, July 22, 2011

Delicious Food and Good Friends :)

I would like to start this post by explaining my LOVE of Charleston.  Over and over again I have to remind myself that I actually live here and I'm not on vacation or temporarily here!  Charleston is so beautiful and has so many different things to do especially in the summer.  Ali and I decided to take advantage of our amazing town midweek and try out a newish resturant, Amen Street.

I have passed Amen Street many times and have always been intrigued by it, but never went in because I thought it was a little out of my student price range :(! After happy hour with Mary Foster, we ended up trying it and decided that we could just get appetizers...so we wouldnt break the bank!! And let me tell you it was an amazing decision.  We decided to split an order of peel yourself shrimp and mussels with a side of wine and osyter shooter to end the meal!! It was a great time and fun little midweek break to catch up!

Mussels
1/2 lb of Shrimp
Our meal...yum!
Amazing osyter shooters...Charleston Special!
I loved the mussel sauce...ordered more bread to dip in (oops!)
Ali and I at dinner!

After dinner, I met up with some of my classmates that were out after their last class of the summer semester! Did I forget to mention...I'm finally done with summer classes woo woo!! Unfortuantely that means that this is exam week for me, so lots of studying this weekend! But on the plus side I have a wonderful 2 week break of nothing, other than vacation with my mama :)
Law School Buds!

Off for a quick run...hopefully my new ipod shuffle will actually charge and work :/ 

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I just came across your blog! I am a runner as well and it seems we have a lot in common! I have been addicted to green monsters this summer!! I ran my first marathon in February and I am in training mode now for another! I love all of your recipes! Ive been looking for a new way to make oatmeal so I might give one of yours a try!! Good luck with your training!!!

    ReplyDelete