Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Hot Days and Cool Salads

Good Morning!! Happy Hump Day!

After I blogged yesterday, I went on an 8.5 mile run in the screaming heat!! There was a heat advisory in effect (affect?)...and I still decided to run=STUPID! I don't recommend that to anyone, but seriously I don't! It was certainly not the smartest idea I've ever had and I'm beginning to think that those advisories mean something....
HOTTTT!

Unfortunately, it is supposed to be even hotter than yesterday :/ which means that I won't be running outside.  I'm not a fan of running on the treadmill (my sister ran 8 miles on it yesterday--awesome for her, don't know how she does it, I certainly can't).  I find the treadmill so boring and repetitive; however, recently I found that intervals on the treadmill actually work for me, it keeps me distracted from realizing I'm on a machine that is forcing me to run in place! Hopefully today I can convince myself that running like a hamster is a good idea and I'll be able to knock out some miles on the dread-machine!

I was apparently craving fish and salad combos yesterday. I didn't realize why I was so hungry when 8 pm rolled around last night...but now I understand why I was still eating until I went to bed last night!  My lunch and dinner last night were both fish and salads, which yes are healthy--protein and vegetable packed--but they don't contain enough substance to overcome my hunger after a hot 8 plus mile run!  Even if they didn't fill me up, they were both delicious and a must re-do for later.

Lunch Salad: Salmon burger with sauteed asian vegetables and salad
Dinner Salad: Seared Tuna Steak (ginger, soy sauce, garlic, sesame seeds) over salad

As for this morning I made an amazing omelet with spinach, bacon, white cheddar. It was a sure winner and an amazing start of my long day of classes!  Hope everyone has a happy hump day and try not to melt away in this heat :)

Before cheese...
After cheese (side of runny salsa)

No comments:

Post a Comment