Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Back at Long Last :)

Hello Long Lost Followers!

So I am going to officially name myself the worst summer blogger ever!! I have been so busy that I haven't even had the chance to think about blogging...well of course I have thought about it a little but I have really been super busy.  I haven't been busy in the normal work piling up way but more like my family and friends love the place that I live and want to visit all the time in the summer!

So basically for the past 4 weeks (and this one too) I have had visitors come--well you know visit me! It has been a blast being able to see my entire immediate family and my closest friends, so I'm definitely not complaining!! The thing is with so many people constantly coming it is really hard to have some me time (which is when I blog) and really have time to just relax--and hard to stay on top of all these summer classes as well.  But I really wouldn't have it any other way and am totally willing to sacrifice some "me time" to see and be with my loved ones :)

Mimi and Dad in the Market
Mom, Lee and Me at the Farmers Market 

That being said hopefully I will get back to having a little more time set aside for myself these next few weeks!! As I have been gone I have officially started my MARATHON TRAINING woo woo!! I had my first long, long run on Sunday and went 12 miles!  I haven't run more than 9 miles since March, so I was pretty impressed that my legs felt as good as they did and could carry me all 12 miles without stopping.  I used my garmin and paced myself to do a 10 minute to 10:30 minute mile the whole way and finished my run in 2 hours 2 minutes...which is just over a 10 minute mile (I'm not good at math but I know that it falls between my goal)!

I am getting really excited to run another marathon and am trying to better nutrition my body this go around.  When I trained for the Disney Marathon, I lost a significant amount of weight--at the time I certainly wasn't complaining but looking back at pictures I realized my body was probably not getting as much nutrition as it needed.   I was staying away from carbs-though your body really needs them for fueling long distance runs and really was just not being overly concerned with eating enough to support my distance runs!  This go around I am trying to be a little more health conscience and be more aware of what I am eating so I tone without losing too much weight! As I'm sure many runners can relate--it is hard to eat enough food to compensate for the amount of calories you are burning while still being healthy! I am going to be actively aware of it and do my best to remain aware :)

Summer Vegetables: tomatoes, asparagus, squash, zucchini in a garlic olive oil
Angel Hair Pasta Bowl with the vegs and 
chicken tenderloins marinated in balsamic, garlic, seasoning
Morning Fuel for my 8 mile run: Cinnamon Oatmeal with bananas and Almond milk
(also had a bowl of fiber one with a few frozen peach slices--a little extra something)

Happy Tuesday...only 3 more days til the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment