Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Patty's Day Celebration On Folly Beach :)

Happy St. Patty's Day (a day late)!  This St. Patrick's Day I was planning on going down to Savannah, GA for the biggest bash in the US, but unfortunately I have a huge project due the beginning of April and couldn't dedicate an entire weekend away.  BUT we definitely made it up and celebrated on Folly Beach with a bunch of other people who themselves couldn't go to Savannah...so close yet so far!

It has been absolutely gorgeous in Charleston the past few days and I have been trying to take full advantage of the start of spring and warm weather (unfortunately that means I got a little too sun happy and got burnt)!  I started off my St. Patty's Day by running around the battery with Christina.  We have the Cooper River Bridge run coming up at the end of the month and both haven't been running many miles since the Savannah Marathon and decided that it was a perfect morning to jump start our training (10k).

Sun Burn :( No Worries I learned My Lesson For The Year:
WEAR SUNSCREEN!

As we were running I couldn't help but smile to see so many people wearing green!  Its kind of like the 4th of July when everyone wears red, white or blue; I just love seeing some unity (it's the small things in life)!  We ran through river front park and the fountain was dyed green for St. Pat's day...it may not be the entire river like in Savannah, but still got to love the Irish spirit!

The Green Fountain :)
A Photo Shoot Break From Our Run!

After our run, it was time to do a little work before rounding up the boys (who caught a 28 incher while fishing in the morning) and head off to folly beach.  It was quite the celebration with tons of people wearing tons of green!! I will have to say that this St. Patrick's day was definitely one for the books :)  I'm sad I didn't take any pictures, but I did manage to stag one of the sunset...too pretty to forget to take a picture!

Sunset over Folly Beach

And the cherry on top of the day was I was in bed by 10:00, which is what happens when you are out all day! Which I woke up refreshed this morning and ready to go!  Time to eat my wonderful homemade banana pancakes (I have been craving them all morning) and go for a quick run before it gets too hot!

Banana Pancakes...
Soo good I had to make 2 batches whoopsies :)

1 comment: