Thursday, August 4, 2011

Girls Night Out!

This has been a wonderful week.  I have been able to get so many chores done that I have been putting off for a lonnng time and even had time to finish The Help (amazing book, seriously a must read).  It has been a quick week, I can't believe I'm already leaving to go to Jackson Hole, WY tomorrow afternoon!!

I got to enjoy some nice beach time on Tuesday, where I finished my book and hung out with some friends from school.  I love being so close to the beach and feel like I take it for granted sometimes and overestimate the time it takes to get there (literally only 10 minutes).  So it was great to reconnect with friends while enjoying the hot sun on the beautiful beach :)

Folly Beach, SC

Last night, we decided to have a girls night out.  Ali and I had a great time a couple of Wednesdays ago and decided to do it again this week!  Christina joined in and Mary Foster came again (but had to leave early), it was such a blast and so much fun being able to just hang out with the girls!! I honestly have the best friends and since we have moved away from each other (no more living together in the ol' Pitt St. apartment) we really haven't been able to hang out as much as any of us would like.  It is crazy how much living situations adjust the amount you spend time with people (makes sense) but I am definitely going to make more an effort to hang out more often!!

Social

Christina, Ali and I went to Tsunamis, one of my favorite sushi restaurants in Charleston, and split edamame and two rolls (split a pizza at Social beforehand).  It was the perfect amount and even though there weren't many people in the restaurant, we had a great time just chatting with each other! We ended up going to Salty Mike's afterwards for a couple drinks before heading home for the evening :)

Dinner time 
yummm
Split sushi rolls
Tsunami's ladies night martinis!
Salty Mikes

Unfortunately, the amount of food that I ate for dinner wasn't the normal amount that I'm used to...so I did a little bit (by a little bit I mean a lot) of late night eating.  I don't know why I always feel guilty eating so much right before bed, even though I do it more frequently than I'd like to admit, it is still annoying feeling bad.  I was hesitant to write about this, because I don't want to sound whinny and I know almost everyone does it; but I thought yall could relate!! I know it's not the end of the world, but no one likes to feel guilty and especially not about eating.  I just figure that my body wasn't going to like me too much in the morning if I didn't put something more substantial in it---so I guess that helps with the guilt!!

Anyways, this morning I started off with a recovery bagel with egg, bacon and spinach and about 3 cups of joe.  The bagel sandwich fueled me for my day of shopping; needed to get some things in preparation for my trip: travel size essentials (shampoo, conditioner, etc), a couple books, some snacks and gum; as well as wedding and baby presents :)

Breakfast Sandwich

After the long day of shopping and running a bunch more errands; I came home to make a big bowl of pasta with sauce that I doctored up (regular sauce in a jar then added spinach, onion, mushrooms and of course a veggie burger).  I read the other day in some magazine at the gym (so descriptive right?!) that jarred pasta sauce has a ton of sugar...and surprisingly it really does--a whooping 9 grams per serving!!  Can you say hello cavities---good thing I bought some trident today ;)

Pasta Bowl

Off to walk the bridge :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment