Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Found: Lost Camera!

I'm back! After a "minor" freak out and rummaging through my apartment, car, room, closest and even bathroom--I found my camera!! I didn't realize how much I love my little black thing---but I feel so much better now that I have it in my possession. If you were wondering--it was in a small pocket of a random beach bag (don't know why I decided it put it in there...but I found it so no worries)!

A lot has gone on while my camera has been MIA...there was Ali's birthday, beach days, boat days, hurricane Irene days, school days (womp womp), trivia nights, date nights, girl's night out, Drew's fraternity weekend, running (unfortunately only a little), chopping off all my hair ek! and last but certainly not least lots and lots of baking :)! I am so happy that I have found my long lost camera and can now get back to "documenting" life :)

Julia, Mary Foster and the Birthday Girl
Day at Morris Island
Drew and Me :)
Girls Night Out
Chai's amazing Chocolate Martini (tastes like chocolate milk shake)
Sushi from Wasabi Date Night...ate it all :)
New Hair Cut (sorry so close up!)

As I said I did lots of baking...but since I didn't have my camera I couldn't take pictures of all I concocted  :(!! I did bake blueberry and raspberry muffins (first time making muffins from scratch and certainly not the last time), but I did get pictures of the most amazing bars I have ever eaten!! Ali and I love howsweeteats.com and have stalked pictures of these brownie bars that she made a while ago...so for Ali's birthday I decided to finally make my own version of "better than crack brownie bars"!!

My 'Better than Crack Birthday Brownie, Coconut Cookie, Chocolate Chip, Triple Layer Bars'
adapted from www.howsweeteats.com

First Layer: Coconut Cookie

Ingredients:
3 1/2 c. flour
2 c. sugar
2. c butter
1 T baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. vanilla extract
1 c. (or more) sweetened coconut

Combine all the ingredient together EXCEPT the coconut on low speed
Stir in the Coconut and spread on the bottom of a greased 13x9 pan (preheat the oven to 350 at this time)



Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer:
your favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe...I know everyone has their own favorite! I used my pudding pack chocolate chip cookie recipe (obviously become obsessed with pudding)!


Brownie Layer (any recipe that you like)....
I did cheat on this one and used a box...thanks Betty!! I've attempted brownies from scratch and failed one too many times to attempt again :(


Let the layering begin...
First up, the Coconut Layer
Next the Brownie Layer...


Top it off with the Chocolate Chip Cookie layer
Put in the Oven at 350 for about 35 minutes....


 Let it Cool Baby Cool...


Serve...


Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment