Monday, July 23, 2012

Waterfest 2012

Happy Monday!

This weekend marks the end of Waterfest 2012.  I was lucky enough to be able to go to both weekends of Waterfest in Beaufort, SC this year.  Waterfest is a wonderful time filled with sun, boats, drinks and dancing! Waterfest marks the peak of summer--which means that the end of summer is approaching (but I plan on keeping in the summer spirit as long as possible!).  It was another gorgeous weekend filled with good times with great friends.

First weekend with the Clemson Crew
Wha what?!
Another nice Saturday!
Me and Drew at the Concert
Waterfest 2012

Before going to the concert on Friday evening, Drew and I stopped by his parents' sailboat to have a drink.  I have never seen their boat and was very excited to finally get a chance to go on it.  Last year his parents have took their boat to the Bahamas and enjoyed a few months of sailing around the Caribbean!  I think it sounds like the perfect vacation or way of life--just have to work for a few more decades before I can do it--but its something to aspire to right?!  It was wonderful to get to see them, even if it was brief!
Drew's Parents Boat
(one on the left side of the dock)
Crazy Weather!

The weekend was definitely fun, but exhausting as well.  Weekends like Waterfest are always worth it, but do take a toll. So I am looking forward to some down time the next few weekends and my body definitely welcomes some rest!

Scout was tuckered!

After our weekend adventure, Drew and I went to the new house to unload more boxes and unpack most of our belongings---so close to move in!! After our unpacking I was starving and decided to whip up a big pasta dinner before the Bachelorette.  Drew and I rarely eat pasta, but after trying to eat everything in the pantry before our big move we dove into some awesome angel hair with mussels--making me crave more pasta last night.  It was the perfect meal to watch Emily pick Jef :)!!

Thursday Pasta...
Sunday Pasta :)

Hope everyone had an eventful weekend and has a wonderful start to the work week!

2 comments:

  1. Looked like a fun weekend!! I need to learn how to make those Pasta's- they look delish! Have a good week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Cody, I'm Ally from The Gameday Belles. We're nig fans of college football in the South and everything that makes Gamedays so fabulous. We'd love for you to stop by to talk football & tailgating!

    ReplyDelete