Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pork, Pork and more Pork!

I was totally pumped for lunch today!! I made the rest of the pork butt from this weekend, which originally couldn't all fit into the crockpot! This time I put the crockpot on low (because it was much smaller portion) and cooked it for 6 hours rather than 4 and boy did the time difference make the meat fall off the bone!! It was amazing and basically shredded itself!  I decided to keep the pork "as is" because it was so moist and delicious without sauce.  The original recipe I made: I drenched the crockpot pork in BBQ sauce and put it in a cast iron skillet in the oven for 350 degrees. Either recipe makes amazing pulled pork!

I decided to use the pulled pork and make a huge salad. I put leftover avocado, leftover baked beans, the pulled pork on top of a mixed salad. It was a perfect meal after my 6 mile run this afternoon. Small detail...my mouth was watering my entire run anticipating the pulled pork! 

Amazing salad :)
Little midday snacky snack!

After class I took a little trip to Target, where I ended up staying for over an hour! How in the world does that always happen?!  I go in there for duck tape (dresser falling apart issue-yes pretty ghetto but resourceful I think) and come out over an hour later with these babies in my basket...

POPCHIPS

Popchips are one of my favorite snacks ever! I tried them for the first time this summer and ever since then whenever I go to target (or whenever I see them in a store) I always get them!  For 20 chips that taste like heaven they are only 120 calories...crazy! So I'd say it was quite the successful trip :)

Off to make some dinner and then go see No Strings Attached with Maggie!! I'm sooo excited I've been dying to see this movie ever since I saw the first commercial in like November :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment